Friday, May 15, 2009

Death

So, this is kinda a seriousish post but lately I've had a lot of people wondering why I'm joining the military and aren't I afraid to go to Iraq and all this other crazy stuff. So, I'd kinda like to settle it all.

1) I am joining the military cause I want to. There are so many benefits to having a job when I get out of school, guaranteed pay, and having medical/dental insurance as well. It's a great deal - I don't know why everyone doesn't do it.
2) Also, as a first-generation American, I sort of want to give something back to this lovely country - thus USAF.
3) I am not afraid to go to Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran or anywhere overseas. I always wanted to travel the world and if God so destines me to start said travels at an Air Force base in Baghdad, so be it.
4) I am not afraid of dying while serving overseas. If that is my fate and that is how I would best serve the military, then I'll do it.
4.1) I am kinda afraid of it hurting - like if I were shot in a non-fatal spot and died from infection or something, lol. I could care less about the dying bit but I'd prefer if it didn't hurt a whole ton, k, thanks.
5) I would not be terribly upset if I were stationed to a 10-year tour in Nebraska. I'm sure I could find some way to amuse myself.
6) It. Will. Be. Awesome.

Thanks everyone.

No comments: