Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy September!

Happy September everyone! Hope y'all enjoy it muchos. I'm enjoying it so far.

Yesterday I went to Old New Castle with ma famile. It's quite nice there. I really like it. It's a quiet little town with a lovely park and the Delaware River just there. We all got on swings and passed a water bottle back and forth (all being my four younger siblings, my mother and I). We took up all but one swing. Then, when my dad showed up (to pick us up), we all linked arms and started skipping around singing "skip, skip, skip to my lou". On the line "lost my partner, what'll I do?", we all disconnected and skipped around alone. It was so fun. I loved it!

I kinda got a bit of a wake-up call about my attitude/persona today when my older sister told me that sometimes I act like a "perfect Christian girl breaking out". I guess in some ways she's right. Like, I started listening to Billy Joel (which really isn't moral at all) and dressing a bit more...idk, "fashionably". So, I've recently gone and removed almost all of the Billy Joel off my iPod (except songs like "Piano Man" and "Uptown Girl" which are ok) and I'm going to go through my clothes and toss out all the ones that I don't really fit, are too tight, etc.. I'll just have to watch myself. I guess Satan can be incredibly subtle. Like, one of my fav. Billy Joel songs was "Only the Good Die Young" which has a ton of "bad" lines like "I'd rather laugh with the sinners, than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun". Which isn't very good at all. 0:-)

Classes are going well. There's this guy who always waits for me and walks out to the parking lot with me and talks to me about classes and everything. He's not someone I'd date, per se, but it's nice to have a "friend"/"class buddy", lol.

I may be having my last day of work at the caterers on Friday! Yay! I'll have to talk to them.

Toodles!

No comments: